Thursday, June 19, 2008

Izabel Update.

This month has been busy. Either Izabel has a doctor appointment somewhere or I have a densit appointment. It seem like my husband dosn't get a day off. I realy do need to learn to drive. IT not the driving that scares me so much as the idiots on the road. Just the other day on the way to work m husband watch a drunk driver kill a baby in the passanger back set when he a monther and child car. My relfex arent so good and I don't want to take any chances. So I just never tried to get my drivers liscense. I probley should cause one day my husband not going to be around sad to think about.

Anyway we got Izabel test back. She does have GERD

Gastro-Esophageal Reflux (GER) causes severe heartburn pain when milk and stomach acid flow backwards up into the esophagus. Normally, gravity keeps breast milk or formula in the stomach, but when a baby lies flat, the stomach contents are allowed to “reflux” back into the esophagus. During sleep, this acid irritation will cause frequent night waking, pain, excessive spitting up, and restless sleep patterns

The did the Upper GI and found she has several epposide of reflux. Now she on medication Prevacid solutabs. She takes half a pill in the morning and half a pill in the afternoon. I Cant tell if it upseting her stomach or if the pain she is having now is from one of her teeth startign to come in. The bottom left is about to pop is so should could be hurting her.

The MRI Came back clean other then they noticed that her head is Misshapen and might need to wear a helmet. I noticed it when Travis ask med this. Does her head look flat in the back? It is caused when your bbay sleep on it back. They tell you not to put a baby on it stomach cause it can cause SIDSm, but there are other side effects to that. Here are some the warrning sings.

the back of the head is flattened on the same side that the forehead is more prominent
the ear on the side of the occipital flattening (at the back of head) can be larger and advanced forward, compared to the other ear
the jaw can be asymmetric, with an upward slant on the same side as the shortened muscle
facial asymmetry, with one cheek appearing more full and one side of the forehead appearing more prominent than on the other side

Some times they say a baby can get torticollis. Torticollis is when a baby can't move its head from side to side, But Izabel can move her neck.

They say that if significant head asymmetry is present at six months, helmet therapy is necessary to correct the head shape.

"The correction of head asymmetry with helmet therapy is based on head growth -- the normal rate of growth slows at around one year of age, so we have a window of opportunity when the baby is between six months and one year old,"


With All the problems that Izabel is going though makes me wonder am I a good mother. Did I do somethign while I was carrying her that caused her to be bron early and have all these probelms.

Thank god for Insurance and Medicade. WIthout it we be in trouble.

0 comments:

\